Welcome!



I started my genealogy hobby when I was about 10 years old.  
In my parent's basement, was a letter they had received from my great grandfather.  It contained a hand written copy of the the family genealogy that he had begun to compile in the last decade of his life.  I would find out, many years later, that it was actually my great grandMOTHER's research...but I digress!

When given the chance, I would 'research' my family tree.  But, when you are in high school and early college (and before the advent of the internet...YES, I am THAT old, lol), I didn't really know what that meant.  I did what I could with what I had and what I understood.

I went to a few cemeteries and a couple of little towns to learn about my family's past.  I bought a computer software program, and joined some message boards.

When I got married, I continued my researching.  My husband once asked me, how far are you going to research your family?  My answer?  I will research them to their boats.  I just want to know where they came from!

Little did I know that many of my ancestors have been in the US since the early 1600's and I have a LOOONG road ahead to find the rest of their boats!

But, here I am, looking for them AND their boats.  Hopefully, this blog will help share my findings with my family members, and help me find more family.

Thanks for stopping by!

God Bless,
Lisa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Surnames I'm Searching